Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Seminal Event

I would like to put aside our partisan rancor here, as well as our sorrow concerning the fact that Chicago baseball players seem to have forgotten how to play the game, to remark on something truly important.

Concerning this matter, Douglas MacArthur said, "I shall return."

FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear is ... fear itself!"

Calvin Coolidge said, "You lose."

Ronald Reagan was heard to chuckle, and to say, "There you go again!"

George H. W. Bush commented, "Read my lips."

Bill Clinton said (accurately, this time), "I did not have sex with that woman."

Jesse Jackson said, "I'd like to cut his nuts off!"

John Kerry said, "Actually, I voted for this before I voted against it."

Dick Nixon said, "And you know what? We're gonna keep that little dog!"

What were they all talking about?

Happy birthday, eluzhun!

0comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comment(s) here. To reply to a specific comment, be sure to paste the appropriate @ displayed into the box below as the first line.